The first census is from the 1930 US census for Decorah township, Winnehsiek couty, Iowa, page 4A. full image
|Winneshiek county, Iowa townships (Source)|
Family 72 (starting on line 13) contains Ida Sophia (ERICKSON) BORSETH as the mother/wife. Ida is the daughter of Sigrid "Sarah" (LOVEN) ERICKSON & the granddaughter of Aslak & Anna LOVEN. At the time of the census Ida's husband Carl was 45 & Ida was 37. They also had 5 of their 7 children: Sadie (10), Arla (9), Norman (7), Clifford (4), & Merle (2). Stanley & Donald would both be born by the end of 1932. Like a large number of my family members, Carl was a farmer & was working on his own farm in 1930 (as can be seen where it says he's working of his own accord, O in column 27.
Now for the other people on the page (by family)
- Family 69, line 1 - Erick O BORSETH, a widowed man living with a son or daughter-in-law that's listed on the previous page (3B)
- Family 70, lines 2-7 - Hugo A HUBER was living with his wife Edna M, son Conrad S, daughter Ruth O, son Earl L, and a lodger, Joe F STULE.
- Family 71, lines 8-12 - Laurence SHOMANN (sp?)was living with his wife Emma, daughter Rosna (sp?), son Lawrence Jr, & a granddaughter Agnes K SAGNES.
- Family 73, lines 20-23 - Carl M HANSON was living with his wife Eila (born about 1875), a boarder Gilbert FAUNKOY (born about 1861), & a lodger Raymond THOMANN (sp?) (born about 1910).
- Family 74, lines 24-27 Follid (sp?) G LARSON was living with his wife Gladys L, mother Betsey, & a lodger Ole J KROGSUND.
- Family 75, lines 28-31 - Lars SAMULSON was living with his wife Kanen (sp?) G, daughter Bernice S, & son Lief G.
- Family 76, lines 32-37 - Edward HOYME was living with his wife Anna I, daughters Signe A & Esther I, & sons Christopher & Norman O.
- Family 77, lines 28-42 - Henry O ONSAGER was living with his wife Anna & daughters Ruth H, Harriet A, & Vivian A.
- Family 78, lines 43-48 - Albert WOMELDORF (sp?) was living with his wife Johanna; sons Walter D, Roger, & Ervin C; & his mother-in-law Iverine JOHNSON.
- Family 78, lines 49-50, Edward HRUSKA (sp?) was living with his wife Henrietta & this family may be continued on the next page (4B).