23 January 2014

Pearus & Hannah (TRACEWELL) SNOW

Pearus J SNOW (or Perry, Pyrrus, Paris) was born about 1830 in Pennsylvania to Pyrrhus & Betsey SNOW. (Source - Massachusetts Town and Vital Records. I'll upload & transcribe the image in my next post). I have no information on his early life at this point.

Hannah TRACEWELL was born about 1821 in Ohio. Again, at this point, I have no other information on her early life.

Pearus & Hannah were married 9 Mar 1851 in Athens county, Ohio. (Source)
The State of Ohio, Athens County, Fs, This is to certify that on the 9th day of March A.D., 1851 I joined in marriage Phyreus Snow and Miss Hannah Tracewell, by virtue of a license for that purpose.
Pearus & Hannah had 4  children: William J about 1852, Artemesia about 1855,  Anna E about 1864, & 1 other I have no information on. William & Artemesia were born in Ohio, while Anna was born in Lafayette county, Wisconsin. Pearus died sometime between 1870 & 1880. Hannah died 9 Mar 1914 in Wisconsin.

I have found the couple in the following census records:
1860 US Census for Chippewa Falls, Chippewa, Wisconsin on page 19, lines 8 & 9
1870 US Census for Lafayette, Chippewa, Wisconsin on page 9, lines 24 & 25
1880 US Census for Lafayette, Chippewa, Wisconsin on page 5, line 27 (Hannah)
1900 US Census for Chippewa Falls, Chippewa, Wisconsin on page 8B, line 95 (Hannah)

1 comment:

  1. I am an ancestor of theirs. Their daughter Elizabeth married my Great Great Grandfather Martin Bobo. Their are portions of this family in Northern Iowa, Central Minnesota and I live in Northern MN. My full name is Richard John Johnson

    ReplyDelete