17 October 2013

John and Elizabeth (WILTSE) BLAIR

John BLAIR, Jr was born 26 Mar 1799 in Ware, Hampshire county, Massachusetts. I have no other information on him from before he was married.

Elizabeth WILTSE was born in 1807 in Vermont. I have no other information on her before her marriage. I'm guessing that she was born close to the Vermont/Massachusetts border though.

I have no information on when John and Elizabeth were married, but I'm guessing sometime between 1825 and 1829. They had 4 children: Harriet in 1830, George about 1832, Louisa about 1835, and Esra about 1847. Their memorials at findagrave suggest 2 more children: John in 1827 and Jane in 1836.

Elizabeth died in 1873 in Saratoga, Winona county, Minnesota. John lived for about 3 more years and died 24 Jul 1876 in Albany, Albany county, New York. They both have memorial on findagrave (John and Elizabeth).

I have John and Elizabeth on the following censuses:

1850 US Census for Albany, Albany county, New York
John and Elizabeth are on lines 21 and 22. This includes all of the children I listed above.
1857 Minnesota Census for Saratoga township, Winona county, Minnesota
John and Elizabeth (as Betsey) are on lines 7 and 8. I'm unsure of why Esra is mispelled as "Asa."
1860 US Census for Saratoga township, Winona county, Minnesota
John and Elizabeth are on lines 22 and 23.
Please contact me if you'd like to share any of your research.

No comments:

Post a Comment