15 October 2013

Charles and Alma (WISKOW) STEVENS


Charles Valentine "Charlie" STEVENS was born 29 Jul 1898 in Ellington township, Dodge county, Minnesota to Warren and Lucy (MARKS) STEVENS. He was the 3rd of 12 children.

Alma Bertha Augusta WISKOW was born 21 Apr 1904 in St. Charles, Winona county, Minnesota to William & Magdalena (SELL) WISKOW. She was the 3rd of 11 children.

Charles and Alma were married 2 Jan 1929 in St. Charles, Winona county, Minnesota. They had 8 children: Edward Charles "Ed" on 4 Sep 1929, Dora Jane in 1932, William Warren "Bill" in 1934, Robert Bernard "Bob" in 1936, Neva Grace in 1938, Margery Marie in 1940, and twins Janet Mary and Janice Mae in 1945.
Charlie and Alma's wedding certificate. I haven't ordered the government record yet.
Charlie died 3 Jul 1981 in Wabasha, Wabasha county, Minnesota of congestive heart failure. Alma lived on for many years. She died 8 Jul 1991 in St. Charles, Winona county, Minnesota at the Whitewater Care Center where she was staying temporarily after breaking her hip. They both have memorials on findagrave (Charlie and Alma). I also have PDFs of their obits from the Rochester Post Bulletin (Rochester, Minnesota). Charlie's obit ran 4 Jul 1981 and Alma's ran 9 Jul 1991.
Alma's death certificate

Charlie's death certificate
I have Charlie and Alma on the following 2 censuses after they were married:

1930 US Census for St. Charles, Winona county, Minnesota
Charlie and Alma are on lines 41 and 42.
 1940 US Census for St. Charles township, Winona county, Minnesota.
Charlie and Alma are on lines 21 and 22
Line of descent
Charles and Alma STEVENS
--> Edward Charles STEVENS
--> Beverly LOVEN
----> Me (Martha)

UPDATE: I'd forgetten about the memories I have. I have no memories of Charlie as he died before I was a year old. However, I do have a few of Alma. She quilted. I even have a quilt that she made just for me. She also collected salt and pepper shakers. She had one of those cabinets with windows in the door that she kept them in, and, from what I can remember, it was full. As always, I invite people with memories to feel free to share them in the comments section.

1 comment:

  1. Olá eu me chamo Maicon Steven wiskow sei que a varias pessoas com este sobrenome mas sabe informar qual sua origem,já que é tão escasse as informações, fico grato se puder me ajudar. Obrigado!!

    ReplyDelete