Karine NELSON was born Oct 1832 in Norway.
I currently have no information on the marriage of Anders & Karine, however, I suspect that it took place in Iowa as the 2 may not have been born in the same area of Norway. I do, however, know from the 1900 US Census that Karine was the mother of 12 children (4 I have no information on outside of this though). For the children where I do have information they had Thorvald (son) on 20 Sep 1859 (source), Pernille (daughter?) on 31 Aug 1863 (source) who died by 1870, Andrine (daughter) 9 Aug 1865, Nils (son) 3 Mar 1867 (source), Theoline (daughter) on 11 Nov 1868 (source), Caroline (daughter) in May 1870, Christine (daughter) about 1872, & Maria (daughter) about 1874.
I have no information on the deaths of either Ander or Karine at this time.
I do have the family on the following censuses:
- 1860 US Census, page 181, Glenwood twp, Winnesheik cty, IA
- 1870 US Census, page 16, Glenwood twp, Winnesheik cty, IA
- 1880 US Census, page 12, Glenwood twp, Winnesheik cty, IA
- 1885 Iowa Census, pages 17 and 18, Glenwood twp, Winnesheik cty
- 1900 US Census, page 10A, Glenwood twp, Winnesheik cty, IA