John LOVEN as being a 67 year old married farmer who owns his own farm and was born in Norway. It cites him as coming to the US in 1870 (close) and as being a naturalized citizen at the time of the census. His wife Bertha is cited as being a 65 year old woman who was also born in Norway. She is cited as immigrating in 1872. At the time of the census, the couple had 3 sons living at home Adolph "Melvin" (40), Julius (35), and Roy (27). All 3 were single men at the time and all were born in Iowa. Melvin was a carpenter, Julius a farm laborer, and Roy was a laborer on county roads.
I'm also related to 1 other family on this census page. Lines 80-83 contains the family of my great-grandma's sister Hildegarde and their mother in the same household. Hildegarde (first name Alma from other information) is cited as being a 34 year old married woman who was born in Iowa. Her husband Perdy BLEGAN (first name starts with a G from what I've gathered elsewhere) is cited as being a 31 year old farmer who owns his own farm and was born in Texas to parents born in Iowa. Their daughter Eloise is cited as a 17 month old, who was born in Iowa. Anna HENDRICKSON (short for Andrine), Hildegarde's mother, is cited as a 64 year old widow who was born in Iowa to parents born in Norway.
The other families shown on the page are:
- Lines 51-52: Oliver H and Albert J. Sons from the family at the end of the previous page (2A)
- Lines 53-57: George ROGEN along with his wife Rubie A, a son (Jasper N), a daughter (Evalan?), and his father John
- Lines 58-64: Albert ONSAGER along with his wife Ida, 2 daughters (Martha M and Ethel R), and 3 sons (Norman, Arnold I, and Oscar O)
- Lines 65-68: Ole NELSON along with his wife Marie, a son (Clearance), and a daughter (Nora C)
- Lines 69-71: Anderew A ANDERSON along with his wife Metta and a daughter Julia
- Line 77: Melvin BLEGAN
- Lines 78-79: Edward MOEN along with his wife Dina
- Line 84: Martha N HAGEN, a widow
- Lines 85-91: Gilbert N RAMSEY along with his wife Olga, 2 sons (Norman O and Raymond O), and 3 daughters (Gertrude A, Grace O, and Dorrie)
- Lines 92-95: Julius INDVICK along with his mother Bertha, a servant (Florence STEEL), and a boarder (Milford HENDRICKSON*)
- Lines 96-99: Rudolf RUEN along with his wife Marie N and 2 daughters (Mildred I and Leona O)
- Line 100: Albert HAGEN (possibly more of his family on the next page (3A)